Basic prevention measures should focus first on maintaining a healthy lifestyle by consuming a nutritious diet, getting regular exercise; reducing stress and getting adequate sleep. And of course, don’t forget to keep your distance, wear a mask and wash your hands!
Supplementing during the prevention stage includes the basics:
Using herbs and supplements to boost the immune system is also nice at this stage. Herbs make good choices because one herb can have many different actions in the body. The following herbs can support all three phases of illness.
Ok, so here is what to do if you happen to get sick. Quarantine and rest are important at this stage as they limit the spread of the virus and allow your body to focus its energy on killing the virus.
During the initial 7 days of infection, we also recommend that you keep taking all your basic prevention supplements. Just at higher dosing or frequency. If you were taking your prevention supplements once a day, maybe increase to twice or three times daily dosing. It’s important to also increase the amount of vitamin C you are taking if possible: every couple of hours until “bowel tolerance”. Infections consume a LOT of antioxidants, so replacing them helps your body keep fighting.
It is also recommended during this initial illness stage that you increase your attention on antiviral strategies. If you were taking herbs once or twice day, you can increase to 3 times daily dosing at this phase.
If by 7 days you have not recovered from COVID, it is important to change strategies and be watchful of worsening of symptoms or your condition.
Late infection with COVID-19 requires a different approach. During this time, we encourage people to switch focus from an immune support plan and begin to support a more anti-inflammatory approach.
Many of these nutrients are important during this phase as they address escalating inflammation and demand for antioxidant support so critical at this stage.
Be alert for and seek emergency help if you or a loved one begins to experience symptoms of worsening illness like difficulty breathing, blue lips or face and changes in consciousness.
We stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities and are pledging to donate 10% of all IV sales for the months of July and August to organizations that support the health and wellness of these communities.
It is a fact that Black and LGBTQ+ persons have been hit harder by the coronavirus pandemic. As we witnessed the collision of COVID-19 and the Black Lives Matter movements unfold before our eyes, we were sharply reminded of the lifetimes of systemic discrimination and limited access to healthcare suffered by both communities.
These disparities have resulted in poorer health outcomes for these groups and laid bare the longstanding public health crisis experienced by LGBTQ+ and black indigenous people of color (BIPOC) communities.
If you would like to join us in supporting, here are a few well-researched, national and locally based organizations specifically supporting the physical and emotional heath and wellness of LGBTQ+ and BIPOC people.
Boulder Holistic is dedicated to providing the best possible service to you and your family during this crucial time. We are excited to announce that we will be re-opening for IV therapy and blood draws on Wednesday and Friday through the month of June.
Utilizing the guidelines put forth by the CDC and the state of Colorado, we have instituted rigorous cleaning and social distancing measures to keep our patients and staff safe as we make this transition. Due to the size and layout of our office, please be aware of the following guidelines:
· We ask that you call the office when you arrive in the parking lot. Patients are asked to wait in their cars until their appointment times to minimize contact with other patients.
· We will be meeting every patient at the entrance to the building to assess your temperature and ask about any suspicious symptoms before being escorted into the office space.
· Patient appointment times will be staggered to assure no interaction.
· Any drivers, friends and family members will be asked to remain outside in their cars unless the patient requires accompaniment. Please arrange with the front desk ahead of the appointment.
· We ask that all patients wear their own mask. Our doctors and staff will be wearing theirs.
· Our doctors will continue to conduct appointments by telemedicine as much as possible to minimize exposure.
· We are also booking chiropractic, acupuncture and cranial sacral appointments. Due to the extensive cleaning and cross-contamination measures taken, these appointments will be condensed into one day per week.
Please be patient and join us as we take these next steps.
We are in this together and are looking forward to seeing you again.
Take good care,
Dr.’s Terri Fox and Amy Reidhead