Revitalize Your Body and Mind with Membrane Supportive Power Shake
We all know what happens if we don’t change the oil in our cars, but what about the oil in our bodies?
Every cell membrane in our bodies is made up of a phospholipid bi-layer and maybe even more importantly, every mitochondrion in our cells also is made up of the lipid bilayer.
So what happens to the fats in our membranes over time? Exposure to the Standard American diet, stress or trauma, and internal and external toxin exposure can cause our membranes to morph into a substance more resembling Crisco and less like olive oil. When that happens, healthy nutrition has a hard time getting into the cells, and the toxins have a hard time getting out.
One way to clean up our cells, mitochondria & their membranes, is to eat a diet rich in healthy Omega 3 and 6’s and to eat a plant-rich whole foods diet. Superfoods for the brain!
Another way to support healthy membranes is to make a membrane-mending power shake.
Benefits of a Membrane Power Shake:
- Supports brain health and mental clarity. Think of this as a brain and memory power boost.
- Improves cellular function by supporting mitochondrial health.
- Supports detoxification by clearing toxins, repairing cellular membranes, and improving the flow of bile.
I have been drinking a membrane-supporting shake for years and I am happy to share it with you. Feel free to add or remove any ingredients to create your own brain power wellness recipe.
Membrane Power Shake:
- Start with ½ – 1 cup organic coconut water
- I like a sour flavor so I add the juice of one or two lemons
- Add Body Bio Phosphatidylcholine, anywhere from 1-3 TBS (I recommend starting low)
- ½ – 1 tsp to start, as can mobilize toxins quickly
- Add Body Bio Balance oil – 1 tsp to 1-3 tbs
- Add mineral and electrolyte powder to help with membrane health and energy
- Add any other nutritional supplements based on your personal health needs – I use all sorts of powders and potions to create this brain power drink, including:
- Amino acid powder
- Glutamine powder
- Glycine powder
- Adaptogenic herbs like Schisandra or Ashwagandha
- Athletic greens
- Collagen powder
- Colostrum powder
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D3/K2 drops
- Bee pollen
- Resveratrol powder or liquid
- ½ cup frozen wild organic blueberries.
Blending this in a blender turns this shake into a liposomal polyphenolic power drink (brain power drink) that allows the nutrition to cross the blood-brain barrier and go inside our cells to deliver the nutrition to the parts of the body that need it most.
This cocktail of membrane healing nutrition sweeps chemical adducts off the mitochondrial membranes. Adding a butyrate supplement can also help remove toxins and adducts from cell membranes. I like TributyrinX from Healthy Gut, Butyrate Sodium, or Butyrate Cal-Mag from Body Bio. Butyrate also helps restore gut and brain barrier health after mold exposure.
We hope you like this recipe! Send us an email and let us know what you think.