First step: Prevention
Basic prevention measures should focus first on maintaining a healthy lifestyle by consuming a nutritious diet, getting regular exercise; reducing stress and getting adequate sleep. And of course, don’t forget to keep your distance, wear a mask and wash your hands!
Supplementing during the prevention stage includes the basics:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- N-Acetyl Cysteine
Using herbs and supplements to boost the immune system is also nice at this stage. Herbs make good choices because one herb can have many different actions in the body. The following herbs can support all three phases of illness.
- Helpful herbs may include: Andrographis, Licorice, Berberine, Dan Shen, Scutalaria/Chinese skullcap and Japanese knotweed
- Allicin, from garlic, can also help support immune function
- Olive leaf helps against viruses
- Mega IgG and SBI Protect
Next step: What to do if you get sick!
Ok, so here is what to do if you happen to get sick. Quarantine and rest are important at this stage as they limit the spread of the virus and allow your body to focus its energy on killing the virus.
During the initial 7 days of infection, we also recommend that you keep taking all your basic prevention supplements. Just at higher dosing or frequency. If you were taking your prevention supplements once a day, maybe increase to twice or three times daily dosing. It’s important to also increase the amount of vitamin C you are taking if possible: every couple of hours until “bowel tolerance”. Infections consume a LOT of antioxidants, so replacing them helps your body keep fighting.
It is also recommended during this initial illness stage that you increase your attention on antiviral strategies. If you were taking herbs once or twice day, you can increase to 3 times daily dosing at this phase.
- The same herbs apply here: Andrographis, Scutillaria/Chinese Skullcap, licorice, Berberine, Goldenseal and Japanese Knotweed.
- Echinacea and Reshi mushrooms are also great at this stage.
Step three: Late stage Infection Support
If by 7 days you have not recovered from COVID, it is important to change strategies and be watchful of worsening of symptoms or your condition.
Late infection with COVID-19 requires a different approach. During this time, we encourage people to switch focus from an immune support plan and begin to support a more anti-inflammatory approach.
- Fish oils
- High Dose Melatonin
Many of these nutrients are important during this phase as they address escalating inflammation and demand for antioxidant support so critical at this stage.
Be alert for and seek emergency help if you or a loved one begins to experience symptoms of worsening illness like difficulty breathing, blue lips or face and changes in consciousness.
- Dan Shen
- Scutilaria/Chinese Scullcap
- Japanese Knotweed
- In prevention stage, we recommend taking 2 droppers full daily
- During active and late infection, our tincture can be taken 2-3 droppers full every few hours or 8 droppers full 3 times daily diluted in a little water.