Benefits of Coffee Enema
The health benefits of coffee enemas may include relief from symptoms of Lyme disease, multiple chemical sensitivities, and heavy metal toxicity. There are very few toxicity-related reactions that couldn’t be stopped or tremendously reduced with a coffee enema. Coffee enema is great for detox, pain and inflammation reduction , in the treatment of parasites and other GI related issues.
Though not a common practice today, coffee enemas do have a long history of use. Recorded medical use of coffee enemas dates back to 1917; their beneficial effects on the liver were claimed by German scientists in the 1920s; they appeared in all major nursing textbooks through the 1950s; and they were listed in the Merck Medical Manual until the mid-1970s.
What are the benefits of coffee enemas?
- Coffee enemas help with supporting the liver, and gallbladder. One way coffee enemas work is by stimulating the liver and gallbladder to purge the release of bile. Proper bile flow is critical for detoxification.
- Coffee enemas stimulate the production of glutathione. The coffee used in coffee enemas contains two ingredients, cafestol palmitate and kahweol palmitate, which are known to increase glutathione production in the liver and large intestines. Coffee is the only known source of these two compounds .
- Coffee enemas help the intestines with detoxification too. Our large intestines are also major workhorses of detoxification. The active ingredients found in coffee also aid in improving detoxification gene expression in the colon
- Coffee enemas may help to boost energy, improve detoxification in both the intestines and in the liver, soothe Herxheimer reactions, and lift mood.
Coffee Enema Recipe
- Boil 2 cups of filtered water
- Take 4 TBS of organic coffee, decaf doesn’t have the same detoxing properties
- Place coffee in a French press coffee maker and pour boiling water over
- Add 1 TBS organic molasses (helps with retaining the enema)
- Steep for 15 min
- While the coffee is steeping, mix ½-1 tsp of Himalayan Salt with 5 drops of Tangerine essential oil
- After the 15 min steep time, press out the French press and place the coffee in enema bag/bucket
- Add 2 cups of filtered water to the steeped coffee
- Can add 6-8 ice cubes if the mixture is still too warm
- Your should have 4 cups of solution total
When the solution is ready, add the sea salt and essential oil mixture and then you are ready to go!
Coffee Enema Instructions:
- Place the tube inside your body about 6”. This will make it easier to hold the liquid.
- Make sure that you don’t try to put too much in at once, or place the liquid in too fast. Both will make retaining the solution harder for you.
- When you are ready, place ½ to 1 ½ cup of the solution in and hold for about 15 min. Then you are allowed to expel into the toilet.
- Next add another ½-1 ½ cup and repeat the process until you use the whole solution.
- If you can’t do the whole thing the first time, it’s ok. It should get easier the next time. The whole process depends on you and your needs.
- Some people can only handle ¼ cup of the solution at a time, and that’s ok.
- Some people say lay on your right side while you are retaining as this helps the liver to flush.
- You can also take activated charcoal 2-8 caps, or 3 TBS of bentonite clay beforehand the next time if you feel like you get a toxic dump. But this is not typical.
- Most people feel better doing the coffee enema 2-3 times per week while they are detoxing.
What are the risks of coffee enema?
In general, coffee enemas are very safe. However, there are a few risks that you should be aware of. Some of the potential risks of coffee enema include:
- Dehydration. Performing coffee enemas too frequently may result in a loss of vital electrolytes and fluids. Maintain adequate oral hydration.
- Intestinal wall tears or perforations. Over filling, or rough insertion of the enema tip can result in damage to the intestinal wall. Take care with insertion, do not use force and be mindful of rate of filling, amount of fluid and the frequency of performing coffee enemas.
How often should you use coffee enemas?
How frequently you use coffee enema is very individual.
It depends on a number of factors including your health reserves, how toxic you are, and if you struggle with constipation. Although the results of coffee enemas can be magical in some, it is a medical procedure that you perform at home, so care, and safety are recommended before and after enemas. We suggest consulting with your medical provider before starting coffee enemas, to see if they are right for you.